Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM

Credits: 22,821
Ruinily is on a distinguished road
Default A few things

Lol I thought I'd change this thread to try and inquire about a few things instead. I'll be happy for any help!

1, Lol images still arent showing from the gif folder, so I've uploaded them all into an images folder and I'll have to put them in manually unless I can change the address path thats used by the admin panel. If anyone has any suggestions or can see any problems that will come up with this, let me know!

2, FIXED

3, The text editor has an annoying habit of removing 'rn' and various bits of long html code... if anyone knows how to stop this I'd be grateful.

4, FIXED

5, I'm also working on sort of integrating the forum and site profiles. It seems a bit odd to have two and fill stuff in twice, so I was thinking of having all the info and stats on the forum and having a link back to the pets on the site. My users are probably a lot more used to forum based pet sites, and it might encourage them to use it more, so I'd prefer to primarily use it. ^_^ Heres a list of little things I need to have straightened out because of this;
1; Is it possible to display unread private messages from the forum in the sidebar instead of messages from the pet site? I dont know how to cross the data over and want something simple like this:

SIDEBAR
Account
Messages (1)
Log Out

2; How can I get a link on the site profile that will link back to the users forum profile, and one that will link back to sites profile? I want it to be so you can skip between a users forum profile and their adoptables easily.

6, If anyone has any idea how this new coding works and could tell me how to do something as simple as pull a pet id or promocode from the database with it I'd be very grateful! I've spent all night reading up on coding and got most of the basic stuff, but this coding is insane... I desperately need to have the promo code url add something like "?='id number/promocode' "on the end so I can pick up those individual pages in a link and use them. (Basically I need to have the GET function instead of POST, but I apparently cant just replace the method...) And I would really like to have more individual text in the shops to help the user feel more immersed instead of feeling like they are just going through the motions with a machine. >.>'

7, Is it possible to make an item that would be able to freeze and unfreeze the pet? I imagine I'd need to set it up in the database and item function file, but I dont know the magic words, if there are any...

And thats it... for now...

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php

Last edited by Ruinily; 02-19-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Edited some stuff...
Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 PM

I've changed this thread to a bunch of problems I was having, anyone that can help gets a free chocolate butterfly cat pudding! XD

(Also the title doesnt seem to have changed in the forum list... so ignore that... )

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD

Last edited by Ruinily; 02-04-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,314
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well you have a load of questions lol, I am a bit busy right now but I can try to answer question 2 for now.

All you have to do is to download all files from the directory Felkyo, reupload them into public_html, and change the config.php settings so that the script path no longer contains the letters /Felkyo. Note its much easier to do this if you have FTP, hopefully this helps.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Okay I'll try it in a moment. Lol I was tempted to send it all to you in a pm, but I thought it might be better to see if anyone else can help first. ^_^' I just know exactly what I want and will try to find a way to get there. :P Thanks, and good luck with the report work?

And that works! As far as I can see... one down plenty more to go. >.>'

Last edited by Ruinily; 02-04-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 AM

This is just one little thing, more or less, where can I find in the coding, 'Congrats, you have acquired the adoptable (adoptable name) by entering promocode.' I'd like to edit it, and maybe add a picture of what the person has just got. I'd go through everything to find it, but its about 6am and I need some sleep. -.-' Also is there anyway of getting something from the promo box without filling it in? I used to use the url that performed the action, but now the url is the same on both pages... I'm done for with my site exploration if I cant have a piece of code or url that automatically adopts a pet. D: I'd have to make shops with them in or something, and that wouldnt be good unless I could edit the words on each shops page to incorporate the images of where the user is. I'll check more into it when I'm awake, but if anyone happens to know anything I'd grateful for them saving me some time! <3

Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 113,538
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

For the promocode problem, try checking out the file
Code:
classes/class_promocode.php
. Unfortunately I am not sure how you'd go about adding in the image of the pet/item...

For the shop page thing, you may be able to do this through phpmyadmin, but I am not sure...I'll be able to help more once I set a shop up...

I don't know for the others (or am too lazy to bother XD)...
Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Well I did find the promo code there... but thats a bit useless since users would have to type in what they want, and thats not what I want... I'm seriously thinking about just saying stuff it to the forums and items and going back to the old coding. -.-' At least I could understand it and use it, I cant even get a single page from scratch working by myself here... And I'm getting seriously frustrated with this coding that makes no sense... All I want is a code that gives an image people can click and it adopts a pet for them. That simple. But no, I cant even make a twin adopt.php page to edit..... grr /rant.

(Sorry I've been working on trying to understand this for so long I'm crying tears of frustration, my head hurts, my fingers hurt, and I'm cold, tired, and hungry with a ton of other things I need to do... I'll go do those things instead for a while...)

Last edited by Ruinily; 02-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Still wondering if anyone has any answers for me... though at the moment I'm having a problem with ID numbers... I know I shouldnt have but I deleted an adoptable from the database, and now the ID numbers are all messed up and the adoptables arent appearing where they should.. or the names are wrong... so I've deleted them all to start over. Is there anyway to restart the ID count? Or do I need to do the whole database from scratch again.... I'd also be grateful for anyone who can tell me why my pet images dont work in the .gif folder, then I can finally get all the pets put back into the site...