Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 PM

Credits: 22,820
Ruinily is on a distinguished road
Default Felkyonian help

Yes that is a made up word. :P Anyways onto the serious stuff... These are some things I need to get sorted out, and would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give to me. Though as Hall of Famer should know by now you're better off giving me bits of coding to insert or manipulate instead of trying to explain it. >.>' I will be trying to figure these out myself too, but I still have so much to do on my site and so little time at the moment... I dont really have hours to pour through coding to try and find one little comma out of place... Anyone that can help me on any of these has my eternal gratitude!

1, The text editor 'ckeditor' has an annoying habit of removing 'rn' and various bits of long html code after submitting it... if anyone knows how to stop this I'd be very grateful. I tried disabling the filters and I dont have plugins for it. I spent hours already trying to figure this one out... even google didnt have the answer. :/

2, I'd like to have a refresh function on the submit button of the shoutbox page. That or have the page echo a blank page with just a link back so that would refresh the page. I know theres a feature like this coming up in the newest patch, but I'd like to have something a bit smoother than a link at the bottom of the page until it comes out. ^_^'

3, I'm also working on sort of integrating the forum and site profiles. It seems a bit odd to have two and fill stuff in twice, so I was thinking of having all the info and stats on the forum and having a link back to the pets on the site. My users are probably a lot more used to forum based pet sites, and it might encourage them to use it more, so I'd prefer to primarily use it. ^_^ Heres a list of little things I need to have straightened out because of this;

1; Is it possible to display unread private messages from the forum in the pet sites sidebar instead of messages from the pet site? I dont know how to cross the data over and want something simple like this:

SIDEBAR
Account
Messages (1)
Log Out

2; How can I get a link on the site profile that will link back to the users forum profile? I want it to be so you can skip between the users adoptables and thier forum profiles easily. I got the link going from the forum profile to the pet site easily, but the forum profile url is using the id number not the username in the url so it makes it kind of incompatible...

3; I use the an avatar in the sidebar on the petsite too, so would it be possible to have that one the same as the forum one? At the moment users have to put in the avatars separately, which seems a bit daft to me...

4, I really really need a link that a user can click and instantly get rewarded with a pet or object. I focus a lot on immersion on my site, I blame my extensive gaming and rping background... Now imagine the user in their mind is walking down a beach using my cousins lovely words and my art. They suddenly see a shell with a link on it, they click it, and instead of just getting it they randomly get either a promocode, which makes no sense, or sent to a shop, which makes even less sense in a role play/story telling way... Maybe I'm being obsessive, but it really annoys me that I can only use promocodes or shops now, its all so impersonal and mechanized. Yes I know its all computers and internets and stuff, but I want to take my users away to somewhere far away from that and stress. Somewhere they maybe havent been to before, or somewhere that gives them nice memories. Or in my newer ideas somewhere exciting... The more customisable shop layout that I have (thankyou Isura!!) Is brilliant for when I want a shopping format, but its still a bit odd you go into an alien world or another time zone and cant pick up an egg without buying it, even while storywise while theres no one around to sell it... I cant make shop keepers for every single pet or it gets a bit difficult, patronizing, unrealistic, weird, and worst of all repetitive. I already had to make twelve different shops for one pet species... Sometimes we want to hunt down our own special objects, and I cant have them hidden in pages anymore... like the little bottles people had to search my forum for. Again its odd they will have to be directed to a shop or given a promocode when they just found and clicked on the object they were after... So if anyone can give me a magical piece of coding where I put the type in and it will let a user get the object with a click I will love you forever... Or if anyone knows how to change the POST function on the promocode page to GET that will probably work too. Trust me I will still use shops and the promocodes, I like having as many dimensions as I can for people to explore. And they are all handy and nicely developed in their own ways, I'm just special. XD

5, Is it possible to make an item that would be able to freeze and unfreeze the pet? I imagine I'd need to set it up in the database and item function file, but I dont know the magic words, if there are any...

6, This is more a reminder for myself lol, I need to find out if people can register for the forum and still be given an account on the pet site. I noticed people can register for the pet site, but if they put anything in like gender it wont show up since I'm not using that profile... So I need them to either register in the forum, or find a way to share the data between databases, which was something I wanted to do anyway. ^_^'

I'll update this if I can add anything or hopefully take anything off. I think Famer tried to help me with some, but I either didnt get it or forgot... Sorry! ^_^' I'll try and go over my messages tomorrow and hopefully be able to take some of these off, I was just in a rush to get this all down tonight before I sleep. Thanks!

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php

Last edited by Ruinily; 04-15-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:20 AM

Credits: 67,335
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm trying to intergrate the forums and the main site profiles too - I really don't see any point in having two sets. I think the solution may lay in having the forum and the mys script in the mysql database, and if you could just change the prefix of what table is being pulled, you could possibly pull from the other script? But I haven't tried yet.

If whoever helps with some of these could post some modifications to this forum so I could possibly see them too, that would be great. :D If that's okay with Ruinily
Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Yeh I'm only using the forum profile and set that up through the links instead of the pet site profile. Not that I didnt like the pet site one, but I'm looking at magistream as inspiration for layout since most of my users also use that pet site a lot. They use the forum profiles but have a 'keep' where you can view all the users pets separately. That seems to work well so I'm looking at mimicking that sort of thing. ^_^ And I want it all to look as professional as I can with my style lol.

Thats fine by me Gloometh, as long as the person posting fixes or mods doesnt mind I'm happy to share any of them, if you check out my site and see something you want let me know. :P

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
Old 04-12-2013, 11:26 AM

I had a theory for pets that perhaps you could pull the "owned_adoptables" table onto the forum profile and display the pets, but I haven't tested it yet. I keep forgetting to get around to it.

Thanks. :3
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM

Maybe... After how badly I messed up my databases in the past even with very simple stuff I really dont want to touch my database unless I really know what I'm doing. >.<'

No problem. ^_^

On a side note theres so many peoples sites I want to see, but their all still setting up! >.< Yours was one of them, then theres also Isura, Abron, Monopet... I hope their all still going!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:49 PM

In my defence, I used that time to improve on the art. The new art is like, 110% better.

Like;

to

Look at the adults, is beautiful now?

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC.

Anyone else with some of these mods?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:41 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,200
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well it takes me a while to read through all these questions and figure out the answers. Sorry. XD

A1: You can prevent it from removing 'rn' by opening script file abstract_messagecontainer.php and remove this line in method format():

PHP Code:
$text str_replace("rn","",$text); 
You can remove the other lines in the method format() too. However, I must warn you that there is a reason why 'rn' is removed from user submitted data, you will notice them once you make these changes.

A2: I believe in Mys v1.3.3 the shoutbox page automatically refreshes after like 5 secs? Does this functionality not working properly for you?

A3.1: Yes it is possible, but will likely require you to modify the forum script. This is kinda tricky since MyBB is also constantly upgrading, who knows what their script looks like in the next version? Note the current forum integration script is set up in a way that you can upgrade your forum script freely, if you edit your forum script files you will lose this benefit. The more feasible way is to create a plugin for MyBB as a third party script without modifying the core script of MyBB, it is not that easy.

A3.2: This is doable, assuming your adoptables site and forum site have the same user id(otherwise it may be a bit confusing in terms of userid mapping). You should be able to get a formula for your forum profile url such as forum/user/1 or something like that. All you have to do is to create a module at your sidebar with a link written as php code referencing to your forum profile. If you want it to appear in your dropdown menu or sidebar links, it can get a bit tricky since you will need to get the corresponding GUI link object and edit it. I will show you an example of how to achieve this if you want to.

A3.3: This should be easy, all you have to do is to find the script where site avatar is being inserted/updated in database, and then insert/update the same record in your forum database. Note for users with default avatar, the relative url can be a bit of problem.

A4: Looks like you are requesting a mod/plugin to be made, I am not sure if I take requests like this right now since I have both school and Mys v1.3.4's development to worry about. Perhaps another user will help you out, or you may seek for some inspirations from how I did the itemdrop Mod?

A5: Definitely yes, and should be easy. The item function can be completed in a few minutes, but you will need to insert a row of data into the table prefix_item_functions so that this item function will be recognized by the system. Otherwise you wont be able to manipulate it through ACP.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.