Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 08:15 PM

Credits: 10,542
Rozel
Default Favorite Games on Adoptable Sites

I know this is a bit mysida related but I couldn't really find a general discussion area... well, it might have been able to go in questions, but really I wanted to ask everyone what games you would like to play on an adoptable site.

For example, there's games like lottery or guess the number or rock paper scissors. What do YOU like to play, and would want to be added to a game? I want to add a fun game that can be easily coded with PHP that will encourage people to join or at least keep playing longer. Just a little add on aside from clicking adoptables all day.

Discuss. :3
Old 08-06-2011, 11:51 PM

Credits: 48,353
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

scratch cards, kinda easy to make and scripts are floating around
Old 08-07-2011, 01:40 PM

Rozel

Hmm, yeah, that might be true.
It just doesn't seem that fun to me :P But people could collect scratch cards around the website or something like that? It could give people something to do, but I already have people collecting pets from hidden areas and stuff xD

Also I think something cool would be "crack the code" and basically there's a new code every month and the first to crack it would get a prize. That wouldn't even have to be coded, really. You could just make a page, post the code and instructions, and then they PM you...
Old 08-07-2011, 03:23 PM

depending on what you mean by code you'd be getting a lot of pms. From what I got its like a guess the number game. like 10k$ to whoever guess the 4 digit number correctly lol. Idk you prolly mean something different. Have an example of such crack the code game?
Old 08-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Rozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
depending on what you mean by code you'd be getting a lot of pms. From what I got its like a guess the number game. like 10k$ to whoever guess the 4 digit number correctly lol. Idk you prolly mean something different. Have an example of such crack the code game?
I don't know, it was just a thought. I was wondering if anyone would think that was cool before I thought up a whole system. Also it's not like my website is going to have 500 people the first few weeks. Things will be tweaked as time goes on.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:48 PM

Careful Rozel you are on 000webs still and it'd be a shame if you get far with your site and then it gets cancelled/deleted. Remember its against 000webs terms to host game/adopt sites. Let me know if you need help with that issue.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:06 PM

Rozel

Wow, really? Many people have suggested 000webs as a place to host Mysida script and such. O.o Can I see somewhere where it says that? Also I'll look into another host then xD

Edit: Looked at their FAQ, they said gaming scripts aren't allowed. I thought those are different from petsites?

Last edited by Rozel; 08-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:23 AM

Well I first heard about this from this forum. I'll try and dig that up for you.

Also I noticed that you once tried hosting with me, haveing read some older threads, and you had some problems creating your account. and when you finally got an account made you registered a .com domain but i don't think you have one.

This is partly my fault as I couldn't help during exam week and then my vacation so you must of gone with 000webs. But I would be happy to host you as I am personally in control of the server and would never ban an adopt account, we have quite a few running too.

If you want I can create you an account, or if you remember your old one you can use that. And if you want to transfer to us I can do it for you for free, I would just need a full backup of your site. I can even get you a free subdomain like aroha.99webs.info.

What ever you like to do always keep back ups of your site, it sucks to lose data!!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:19 PM

Rozel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Well I first heard about this from this forum. I'll try and dig that up for you.

Also I noticed that you once tried hosting with me, haveing read some older threads, and you had some problems creating your account. and when you finally got an account made you registered a .com domain but i don't think you have one.

This is partly my fault as I couldn't help during exam week and then my vacation so you must of gone with 000webs. But I would be happy to host you as I am personally in control of the server and would never ban an adopt account, we have quite a few running too.

If you want I can create you an account, or if you remember your old one you can use that. And if you want to transfer to us I can do it for you for free, I would just need a full backup of your site. I can even get you a free subdomain like aroha.99webs.info.

What ever you like to do always keep back ups of your site, it sucks to lose data!!
Actually, I never intended to use your hosting for my petsite. I simply wanted to test it out, and it said it gave me a free domain name. That could have mean't you could only host one of my domain names, and if so, I oh well :p
But yeah I made this website a very long time ago before I found out about your hosting. And I'm going to go back it up right now!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 PM

Yeah it says for one domain however that is not enforced.