PDA

View Full Version : Convert Mys v1.1.x Addons/mods to Mys v1.2.x?

Hall of Famer
04-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Well, I am considering a project like this seeing how many old addons/mods that are currently incompatible with Mys v1.2.x. I will be doing some on my own, but I'd appreciate it so much if anyone of you would love to be a part of it too. I'll reward Premium Membership to those who contribute significantly to the project. Lemme know if you are interested, thank you.

Hall of Famer

AlexC
04-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Do you mean like, testing all of these mods to see if they work? I may be able to help with that. I'm not sure if I can edit anything, but I'm willing to go through and see what works.

Kaeliah
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I can also take old mods and make the changes needed to up them to 1.2.x although I suggest not doing that for mods whose creators are currently active here. Let them do it, or say they want someone else to, just incase they feel stepped on by someone upgrading their mod.

Hall of Famer
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Well yeah, you have a good point Kaeliah, I like it. ^^ To carry out this project, someone has to take the role of leader. I will begin converting my mods to Mys v1.2.0 compatible version. Of course your help will always be appreciated. ^^

Kaeliah
04-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I will convert any old mods of mine to the new format, and I can go through and find maybe some of Bloodrun's mods to upgrade, or the like. It might be a good idea to send out an announcement requesting mod creators update their old mods.

Hall of Famer
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
That would be nice, thank you so much Kaeliah. ^^ You may want to take a look at Mys v1.2.x development thread to see what you have to suggest. I am doing the friends system now, it is almost completed. I wonder if Bloodrun's profile customization can ever be restored, but lets hope for the best. XD

Tequila
04-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks like a good project so far. Hopefully it won't be that tough to update everything. :3

Hall of Famer
04-12-2011, 06:13 PM
On Wednesday I will redo the gender ratio and evolution script so they will be compatible with Mys v1.2.x. Also I may be working on an adoptable dex(similar to Pokedex) Mod when I have more time to kill. Looks like we will need to spend the next a few weeks fixing security issues regarding this script.

rickasawr
05-25-2011, 07:41 PM
I can see if they work or not.

But do not have enough php knowledge to edit things to make them work.

Hall of Famer
05-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Well its not really complicated, just time consuming. Sorry this hasnt been done lately, if at all.

rickasawr
05-27-2011, 03:53 PM
I know Some just to get around. but i cannot create new things. :Q:

Hall of Famer
05-30-2011, 12:22 AM
I dont think there are any new things involved with this project, but yeah basic programming skills are required in order to convert one form of codes to the other.