PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to code for me :)

Infernette
02-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I am now looking for someone to do some extensive coding on my site for me, and I am using 1.3.3.

[CENTER]
What I need now:
Updated register system that checks if an email has been used, as well as IP address.

For now I can only do art for these items, due to life issues, sorry.

Infernette
02-13-2013, 05:28 PM
I guess since it has been 5 days, I should post here to say that the offer is still up and I have not found anyone on another site :p

SilverDragonTears
02-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Be careful... You don't want your site to just be a DC knockoff.

Infernette
02-13-2013, 06:56 PM
It isn't, that's for sure ;). There's quite a few sites that use the set up like such, actually, from what I've noted.

SilverDragonTears
02-13-2013, 07:50 PM
True. But every aspect you're asking someone to code is just like DC.

Infernette
02-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Heh, the stuff I've asked for its only a little bit of my plan, honestly. I'm working on a site ruled by Pegasi-Unicorns, one is Mythras, (sun) and the other is Plutas, who got kicked out of the ring of pegi-unis after a war between the outer ring and inner. (gah I'm such a space lover XD) And you must complete a quest and obtain certain items and pets to earn their trust, and eventually I hope to add ranks into the groups by the amount of the dark or light elemental pets you have collected, eventually allowing the user to obtain the God/Goddess themed "ring" pegi-unis . There will probably be the moons Europa and Calliope too :p

There is 3 'sects' in the split up country, and one open, barren landscape only referred to as the wild plains. The forest is the main sect which is the only one I am currently working on at the moment, but once I finish that area of the site (special things like games and whatnot gah), there will be the frost and the flames that I have to work on, which each will have their own respective quests and whatnot like doing something for the High Lord of that sect that will reward people with special pets. The forest is an area full of mainly dragons, frogs, and bugs, the frost is full of more "furry" pets, and the flames is full of mostly birds and lizards. And did I mention toads? XD

It's going to take a long time and lots of work but I actually highly enjoy just working on the site and seeing what I make it do. :) Heh, mostly my friends and I will play on the site eventually anyways.

I know it seems quite ambitious, but even if it doesn't work *exactly* as I plan to, I will still have quite a bit of fun. :)
-And I honestly love the adoption systems with the eggs being set until clicked because it prevents cheating of someone just refreshing their page to get a rare whereas with this method they have to wait until it's actually made :p-

Infernette
03-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Still looking for some help. :)

Infernette
05-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Update, I guess. Still need help with previous projects...

Nemesis
05-31-2013, 02:27 PM
Infernette sorry I can not help you at this time. but I have started a project that might interest you.

on the forums at 99webs.org developers can exchange services like pixel art for code or anything. They can also get free hosting on our vps, and all of this is obtained by the exchanging of points. That way if you can't find a coder that needs pixel art you can still give away pixel art for points and they pay that coder with points.

Right now our member base is small, and we are just starting out. But I hope one day to grow big enough that any service can be quickly and easily obtained.

Infernette
09-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Bump- Need some stuff of a different style now that I can clearly see where my site is going. :)

Infernette
09-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Bump- Contests are muy importiante, can pay with irl money so yes. ^3^ I have all the DB stuff like status, stats, and elements so all I really need is the code. :P

IntoRain
09-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Hm, what kind of coding are you looking for (edit: for the contest)? Features, languages? (you can PM me) I have at least one or two weeks of calmness, maybe I can help depending what you want (free)

If not http://www.reddit.com/r/forhire seems a better place to find an experienced coder

Infernette
09-07-2013, 05:17 PM
I mean like the actual code- the part where the person selects the pet they want to put into the contest, then other people put theirs in until there are maybe 10 creatures in the contest, then it selects from each of those 10 the top 3 with the highest average of the stats that are relative to the contest and rewards their owners items/money, and once those occur the contest cleanses itself and the pets that were entered lose maybe 5 hp to prevent issue, and there is a list of multiple contests.

^3^

I also need code for a drag and drop sort myadopts page with which is mostly just formatting it to make it look good besides the drag and drop if you're interested.

IntoRain
09-07-2013, 06:05 PM
That seems pretty fun and interesting actually. Some ideas come to mind for the page, so I wouldn't mind doing that if you approve the methods.

A page with a list of contests
Different types of contest (for different combination of stats)
Different requirements (species, max amount of creatures per user, max amount of creatures per contest)?
Selecting the adoptable: Eligible adoptables appear in a list, user chooses the one(s) they want
When max number per contest is reached distribute prizes, maybe send a message saying they won X place?
Delete contest, take creatures out and update their HP

For when do you want this? I will check tomorrow if I can do this, I might need a few days to finish it and I need to know how your pages and your database work (what you have ready and everything) to test on a mock site xD

Infernette
09-07-2013, 06:12 PM
That all seems correct- and once the basics are working for it I can edit what I need. I need it sometime within the month, no big rush. :)

I can send you what info I have and whatnot, even a current copy of my MYSQL database if needed- Just tell me what you need. ^^

IntoRain
09-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Alright, I will start to check out what I need to do tomorrow asap and I will PM you questions about the implementation. I will try to finish it these first two weeks, I don't have much time after that

To start I think I will need the owned_adoptables values (names and what they are for), for now I don't think the whole original database is needed. And also the way you retrieve the stats, is it a query for each stat ($hp = $mysidia->db->blabla) or do you have functions to get them?

Infernette
09-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I just do the query since I'm quite dense on how to do the functions, I don't know if that will be a problem.

And I can get you the values in a few minutes, there's quite a few XD
There is all of the basic mysidia values-
Aid
Type
Name
Owner
Currentlevel
Totalclicks
Code
Imageurl
uselaternates
tradestatus
isfrozen
lastbred

Then here are all my edits:
Dad - The parent of a bred (breds have higher stats wooo)
Mom- Parent of a bred
Selling- Is it for sale? - if this is yes it shouldn't be able to contest XD
Price- How much is it for sale? greater than 0? no contest
atk - The attack
basehp - The HP it has
maxhp- The HP it should have
spd - The speed of the creature
speciesd- The description
atkrange- The defense (or the range of attack it blocks)
breedtype- Just a little thing to separate breeds
season- The season the adopt has - would be relevant for contests as in if the season of the contest is not the same it can't enter.
time- The time the adopt has- same limiter as the season.
bred- if it was bred or not
status- if it is sick or not- could be randomly added when entered?
mood- there is a bunch of random moods adopts get. I will personally work this part into the code since it is a very widespread range. These will be limiters or enhancers- could vary with maybe the terrain the contest occurs in or the time it does? that would be lovely!

As said I can pay money for this cause its so epic XD

IntoRain
09-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I just do the query since I'm quite dense on how to do the functions, I don't know if that will be a problem.

And I can get you the values in a few minutes, there's quite a few XD
There is all of the basic mysidia values-
Aid
Type
Name
Owner
Currentlevel
Totalclicks
Code
Imageurl
uselaternates
tradestatus
isfrozen
lastbred

Then here are all my edits:
Dad - The parent of a bred (breds have higher stats wooo)
Mom- Parent of a bred
Selling- Is it for sale? - if this is yes it shouldn't be able to contest XD
Price- How much is it for sale? greater than 0? no contest
atk - The attack
basehp - The HP it has
maxhp- The HP it should have
spd - The speed of the creature
speciesd- The description
atkrange- The defense (or the range of attack it blocks)
breedtype- Just a little thing to separate breeds
season- The season the adopt has - would be relevant for contests as in if the season of the contest is not the same it can't enter.
time- The time the adopt has- same limiter as the season.
bred- if it was bred or not
status- if it is sick or not- could be randomly added when entered?
mood- there is a bunch of random moods adopts get. I will personally work this part into the code since it is a very widespread range. These will be limiters or enhancers- could vary with maybe the terrain the contest occurs in or the time it does? that would be lovely!

As said I can pay money for this cause its so epic XD

I do it for the challenge xD

I have a doubt about the status, sick creatures can't enter the contest? And they get sick or not randomly when trying to enter the contest?

About the moods, that seems to be more complicated. Like if an adoptable is sleepy it can't enter a contest that happens at night? Maybe a table with the moods and their incompatibilities and compatibilities (and a message registered for each) would be of easier access. Check pet mood -> check contest conditions -> compare both?

edit: ok, the .php pages for the contest and the tables are ready to be edited tomorrow, the structure is half ready to start coding ^^ (assuming you want the contest on its own page, right?)

Infernette
09-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Yep- and if you find the moods and statuses hard I can do them myself I really just need a good structure to edit XP

IntoRain
09-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I will see what I can do xD

Listing of contests is done, do you want a page with the contestants list or just a page to choose our entry and enter the contest?

Infernette
09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Just a page to choose your contestant (limit one or else people could seriously abuse that!) . ^^

Hall of Famer
09-08-2013, 05:47 PM
So you've found someone to help you with custom coding? Congrats.

IntoRain
09-08-2013, 06:43 PM
So the structure is kinda done.

The listing of contests is done
Some verifications for entry are done (more will be added while testing the whole thing)
The selection of pet to contestant list is also done

I'm going to do the actual additon of the pet (half done) and the winning and the top verification next. About the top 3: It's just a normal average of all stats? Also, I assumed a pet can't be in more than one contest at a time xD Btw, my site works wit numerical IDs, yours are a string right? Or are you using code instead of aid?

Infernette
09-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Mine are not numerical ids, a random code instead. I doubt it really matters- all of my custom updates have been done without issue.

Yeah, one contest limit :P It can be a normal average of all stats, if I feel the need to make special contests then I can edit it :D

And glad to see such progress! Are you sure you don't want any sort of payment?

IntoRain
09-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Mine are not numerical ids, a random code instead. I doubt it really matters- all of my custom updates have been done without issue.

Yeah, one contest limit :P It can be a normal average of all stats, if I feel the need to make special contests then I can edit it :D

And glad to see such progress! Are you sure you don't want any sort of payment?

Just wanted to be sure, since I get each adoptable stat with the aid xD

I will try to finish most of it today and tomorrow, then look at the mood and status if you like.
edit: winning is done [sending message and sending rewards aren't, just the function to decide 1st, 2nd and 3rd place] I think, removing contestants too. Gonna test everything tonight and clean the code. How are the rewards gonna work? Can it be multiple items, adoptables, money...? That's the function I have to do next xD
edit: sending message done

And it's all good, you have a pretty good website so I don't mind contributing to it for free :happyc:

Infernette
09-09-2013, 03:56 PM
It'll be money at first and I might set it to give the pet a ribbon, but I know how to do that so don't worry!

And hey if you ever have some freetime and want to get some money and help then please do I'm so lost with redoing the myadopts page's display XD

IntoRain
09-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Then I'll do a simple reward money function and then you can edit your stuff in ^^ I think I'll be able to send everything tomorrow after cleaning the code if you want to start adapting it. I made some alterations to the owned adoptable class I believe, added some functions to avoid queries, too but I'll explain everything tomorrow xD

This week and the next I think I have freetime xD I can only use PHP, I don't know CSS, javascript and all those pretty things, if it's something that can be done with PHP I'd be happy to help

Infernette
09-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Aw dang XD I think it would require Ajax to make a drag and drop, but I tried X)

Yay tomorrow is awesome!

IntoRain
09-09-2013, 06:05 PM
It's not ajax and it's for tables but Check this page http://isocra.com/2007/07/dragging-and-dropping-table-rows-in-javascript/ maybe it helps

edit: also jQuery http://www.elated.com/articles/drag-and-drop-with-jquery-your-essential-guide/

Infernette
09-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I'll definitely read up on that and now cron jobs so I know how to refresh moods each day! Thanks for the link :)

IntoRain
09-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Cron jobs are pretty helpful, I wish I knew how to use them xD

I sent the files by PM, any error or problem please tell me. I can send screenshots of how it works on my site so you have an idea of what the code does

Infernette
09-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Well I updated with more stuff on the front page for anyone interested- new stuff on the site is always fun X)

Infernette
01-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Bump, new stuff!

IntoRain
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
I am now looking for someone to do some extensive coding on my site for me, and I am using 1.3.3.

[CENTER]
What I need now:
Updated register system that checks if an email has been used, as well as IP address.

For now I can only do art for these items, due to life issues, sorry.

A simple way to check if an email already exists is to query the database (the users table) for an email equal to the input (limit it by 1, so it won't check all entries) and count the result - if there is a result with that email, it already exists. I think that's the correct way to do it