PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advanced PHP Coder (PAID)

SoubisSacrifice
01-22-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm looking for someone who can create me a piece of code that will allow my pets to grow with time, rather than clicks (like chickensmoothie).

I am willing to pay via Paypal for this, so please only respond if you definitely know how to do this. Price for the work will be negotiable.

Afterwards, if you want to stay on the site as a staff member, you'll be more than welcome. Just keep in mind that I will not be able to pay any sort of on-going salary. For now, I am just paying for this particular job.

Kyttias
01-23-2015, 01:15 AM
I can probably do this! A column can be added to the database to store when the adopt was created, and calculations can be done from there. When would you like age checks to be done? At log in, every time the user goes to visit their adopts, and on the user's profile page? (I'd alternatively suggest using a Cron job, as most sites of the kind you're wanting to make probably do, but I hear that your chosen host, iPage, doesn't allow it.) Even so, it should be possible to do a quick check of 'born' until 'now', to give the best illusion possible of levelling up over time.

This would only be a first step -

databaseOpen up the owned_adoptables table in your database using phpMyAdmin. Open up the second tab, Structure. Below the existing table structure, there is an option to add a column at the end of the table and a 'go' button. Just hit go! On this new page we're creating a column. Name it born, set the type to varchar and the length to 20. Ignore the rest of the options and go ahead and hit 'save'.

date of birth set at creationOpen up adopt.php, classes/class_promocode.php, and classes/class_stockadopt.php. Search these files for $mysidia->db->insert. Above this line in each file, let's create a variable that holds today's date. It will be in the format: 2015-01-15 17:16:18:
$today = date("Y-m-d H:i:s");

Now let's examine the array after $mysidia->db->insert. As you can probably guess, this code in these places adds a fresh adopt to the owned_adoptables table, the same one we just added a 'born' column to. so in all these places, we want to be sure to add in a date of birth. Find "lastbred" => 0 at the end of the array. Add in a comma, and let's add:
"born" => $today

Using 'born' may be a bit of a misnomer, especially if you're going the normal egg-first route, but it's really just setting a timestamp of the creation date.

I assume you'll want to completely disable the current system of gaining exp through clicks?

If you can get me some more details (how long between levels, for example, and if it'd be different between different tiers of creatures or something), I can run some tests and develop something. If, in the end, you decide you don't want it, I can always release it to the community. But, as you're interested in paying, the specifics can definitely be kept between us.

I've been tinkering with the Mysidia framework for a year, so I'm familiar with it. I've made a couple mods for the community, and for myself, just for fun. But... I wouldn't call myself advanced yet (php is more daunting than it looks!), but at least mid to high intermediate level. =/ Of the currently active people around, IntoRain and Hall of Famer himself are probably/definitely better than me, but may not have the time. I'd be happy to hear what you PayPal offer is, though.

I'll probably continue work on this out of curiosity alone...

SoubisSacrifice
01-23-2015, 01:48 AM
I have pretty much absolutely no experience with php...and I'm still learning how to edit databases. I tried to set up something on another site following this (http://www.chickensmoothie.com/tutorial/tut1/index.html) tutorial, but didn't get very far.

I have designed some pets with 4 stages, some with 3, and one with 2. I'd like to be able to choose at how many days old the pet would grow to its next stage, and what outcome it'd grow to. I'm horrible at explaining things, but something like this:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x133/godsmackgrl13/auto%20grow%20stages_zpso1bh8inn.png

I'm not sure how do-able that is....and I'd love to be able to do alternative outcomes at each stage as well.

As stated in my original post, the pay is definitely negotiable...mostly because I do not know how hard this would be to do. If it's relatively easy, I'd probably pay anywhere from $20-$40....if it's incredibly difficult, anywhere from $50-$100.

Oh, and yes, I'd want the click-to-grow disabled.

Kyttias
01-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Did you have ideas in mind for alternate outcomes? By gender, completely random, both, and/or did you want a way for users to interact with the adoptables to effect their outcome?

Jot down a few ideas and I'll think on how they could be implemented. ^^

Also, is there an instant messaging program you'd like to use to communicate? :meow:

SoubisSacrifice
01-24-2015, 04:57 PM
By alternate outcomes, I meant like a split outcome...where the image of the pet at stage 1 could result in two different outcomes at stage 2. Example: white puppy at stage one could turn into either a white puppy with roses or a black puppy.

I don't have any instant messaging on my computer, unless you'd want to add me on Facebook, and I haven't read the rules regarding identity secrecy on this site yet lol.

Kyttias
01-24-2015, 08:55 PM
I'm afraid I don't use Facebook because my family is crazy.

I understand the concept of alternate outcomes, I was just wondering if you wanted any contributing factors. If it's just random from a set pool of possibilities (perhaps just those in the same 'class' as them), that's probably not too hard.

SoubisSacrifice
01-24-2015, 09:16 PM
I do not believe we are doing genders or breeding, so just the alternate outcomes are fine.

Kyttias
01-24-2015, 10:06 PM
If the existing alternate outcome system is acceptable, then that works out well, too. ^^ Just check the box to enable alternate outcomes and put in a chance for the alternate to occur. However, the existing system only allows for two - normal and one alternate. It does not change the species, only the image. If you need something more advanced than this, I'll try to work with you on it a bit later.

SoubisSacrifice
01-25-2015, 02:48 AM
I'd like to be able to do up to three alternates if that is possible....it's not necessarily needed, though. We can always work around it.

Kyttias
01-25-2015, 02:50 AM
I'll see what I can do later this week! :wiii:

FounderSim
01-27-2015, 01:57 AM
If no one takes this job up or fails to do it, I will do it =]

SoubisSacrifice
01-28-2015, 07:28 AM
I believe Kyttias has it under control, but if she needs some help, I'd be willing to pay you a portion. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been very sick with the flu, and I pretty much stayed in bed because I didn't want to stress out the baby I'm carrying too much.

MikiHeart
01-28-2015, 02:36 PM
If Kyttias needs help, FounderSim would be the person to go for. I'm almost certain he's the same Sim from VPL.

Very well known and experienced.

Kyttias
01-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Well, what she asked for is already done, all except for having multiple alternates. Which is a mod we used to have for an earlier version of Mysidia. If someone would like to go update that old, it'd help a lot. Otherwise, I'll figure something new out.

FounderSim
01-29-2015, 10:42 AM
If Kyttias needs help, FounderSim would be the person to go for. I'm almost certain he's the same Sim from VPL.

Very well known and experienced.

That would be me. Chances are, if there's a user with Sim in it in a game dev site or game project then its me.