Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 08:04 PM

Credits: 691
fritchie
Default Having Setup Issues

Okay so i have to admit I am more of an animator and an artist than a php scripter, but i have done some minor coding and am learning pretty quickly.

So far i have registered myself at fritchie.hyperphp.com and they have MySQL and PHP included, with an entire control panel and FTP. I have uploaded all the files, and also changed the config.php file to match the settings on my control panel for my site.

The config file is supposed to be in the inc folder right, not the main folder?

My main problem is that i cannot get my index page to work at all. I have no idea what step i have missed or where to go from here. I have searched for hours through code and this is my last resort. I didnt want to bother anyone but i would really appreciate if someone could walk me through this.

fritchie
Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Credits: 10,693
BMR777 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Having Setup Issues

Yes, the config.php stays in the .inc folder, so that's right. :)

I'm looking at your site and yes, the script is not loading, just a white page. I can get to your site's admin panel though for the script.

Honestly, I think that this may be a web host issue. I noticed that your host forces advertisements on the pages. With another script I wrote sometimes this would cause issues, and I think the same thing is happening here. Sometimes when a web host forces ads on a page it messes with the .html code that it output to the browser and causes weird results, in this case a blank page.

I also think it is a host issue because one of my files, get.php appears to be blocked by the host. It is responsible for fetching the images for the adoptables for the BBCode and HTML codes. Some of the free hosts block this file for whatever reason, even though it is perfectly safe.

I would have to say, unfortunately, that you should find another web host to run the script on. I really think the forced ads are the issue. You can find free web hosts here: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

Brandon
Old 02-07-2009, 01:28 PM

Credits: 691
fritchie
Default RE: Having Setup Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR777
Yes, the config.php stays in the .inc folder, so that's right. :)

I'm looking at your site and yes, the script is not loading, just a white page. I can get to your site's admin panel though for the script.

Honestly, I think that this may be a web host issue. I noticed that your host forces advertisements on the pages. With another script I wrote sometimes this would cause issues, and I think the same thing is happening here. Sometimes when a web host forces ads on a page it messes with the .html code that it output to the browser and causes weird results, in this case a blank page.

I also think it is a host issue because one of my files, get.php appears to be blocked by the host. It is responsible for fetching the images for the adoptables for the BBCode and HTML codes. Some of the free hosts block this file for whatever reason, even though it is perfectly safe.

I would have to say, unfortunately, that you should find another web host to run the script on. I really think the forced ads are the issue. You can find free web hosts here: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

Brandon

you are amazing. i will try it and see what happens! If i ever get a site up and running, i am definitey donating. I know how it is to be a freelancer trying to make it in this ecomony lol.
Thanks Brandon,
fritchie

*lets hope this works!*[hr]
Out of all those hosts, which do you recommend?