Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 55,593
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question: How to breed with Males of other Players

My site is very close to launch now but I have what I think is one last question ( which might well affect my upcoming mod for making custom pets too )

In the breeding -- the merged for me, all I use now -- we see only our own Pets come up, I was wondering what code I might add/change to make it where we can have males of all Players be shown in the list as well, for studding?

This will likely play into what i'm developing for the custom maker, which may be a modified breeding system :)

For my own site outside studding with 'famous' males will be very important. Females of course will be only our own.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 396,148
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Its definitely doable, but I cant think of a way to properly design the cross-breeding system. I mean, do you have you send a request(like a trade offer/friend invitation thing) to the other user in order to 'use' their pets?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 55,593
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

Could do that, actually --- or just have an option added to take your male off the list if you don't want him available :)

Sort of like the setting to pound or whatever -- a way to set a fee for the stud would be good too, but right now as long as I get the all- males list going, I can launch pretty soon here!

Thanks HoF !

And yeah I will likely use this alteration to finish the custom mod too -- that will be taking two 'adopts' from a special caste which is bases and markings, and merging them to make a new Pet of that species -- like the merged breeding but it will be a new custom of that kind.

But so far cant do it, need to have a player be able to access all the avail breeders to do it.

I keep getting the 'not found ID ' error!